Sunday, July 3, 2011

Joann Hereford,Walking In Love Artist

Joann Hereford

Panel Name:  Love Allows…

I started sewing quilt tops six years ago for my aunt’s church fundraising group in Texas.  I began making raffle and auction quilts for the Hawkins Bar Volunteer Department four years ago after I joined the Log Cabin Quilt Guild in Hayfork.

Up to this panel my quilt tops and quilts have been utilitarian – meant to be used as a warm bedcovering.  Some have been original designs, others based on patterns right out of magazines and books.

I think love is comfort, love is freedom, love is joy and happiness and love is fun.  When walking in love I’d be on a path – real or imagined.  The center block is a 1930’s block called “Paths to Happiness.”  Below it is “Woodland Path” and at the top is “Starry Path.”  If you love and are loved, love allows you to follow or make paths…down to earth paths as well as paths to the stars or paths in any old direction.

…and the butterflies???…they’re just fun.


Joann is just plain fun too. And talk about 'get 'er done', that's Joann! Enthusiastic, straightforward, creativity in abundance. Gotta love her!

No comments:

Post a Comment