Friday, February 18, 2011

Dancing Hands

Karen Renaudin, a ceramic artist living in Hyampom, California, allowed me to visit her in her studio home and film her creating a unique concept for the Walking in Love Installation. Karen's vision and enthusiasm for the project are heart warming and exciting. Her idea of hanging multitudes of thin tiles of porcelain in an undulating pattern will be stunning once realized.  The combination of classical music and Karen's hands working the clay were enthralling. Her joy for living is infectious and I left her home feeling glad to be alive and participating in the project. Thank you Karen!
I love how serendipity works. A snow storm descended on us the last few days leaving behind a foot of snow. I got my little car stuck at the bottom of my road so my neighbor Phil drove me to Karen's house for the filming. Well, Phil being the curious person he is jumped right in and began to interview Karen asking great questions. It was a wonderful spontaneous event and I suspect the entire documentary of this Walking in Love Installation will be richer for this unplanned time. Thank you Phil!

No comments:

Post a Comment