Thursday, April 7, 2011

Kickstarter Fundraising Drive is Launched!

The Walking In Love Installation has been launched on a wonderful site called Kickstarter . This site helps projects of all kinds raise money. The way Kickstarter works is FAST. They recommend that funding is asked for in a 30 day cycle. This means that by May 6 we will know whether or not our Walking In Love Installation will go to Washington DC.

Life is full of surprises. I woke to four inches of snow. White world outside. The magnificence of frosted evergreens never ceases to enthrall me. It reminds me to return to the actual making of panels before the day to day aspects of life take over. But I do complete day to day work. I opened up my e-mails to see what has come up between yesterday and today and found that the first donation to the Kickstarter site has been made. An extremely generous Patron has lent their very solid backing and belief in our work. Thank you so much for your vote of confidence in what we are creating. The project has become a very giant 'we' full of people who are wonderful. There are wonderful people in abundance.

No comments:

Post a Comment