Monday, March 7, 2011

Mary Murray Walking in Love Installation Artist

I have known Mary for many years now. Her genuine kindness, sense of humor and generosity are just a few of the qualities I have grown to love in her. This is what Mary says about her participation in the Walking In Love Installation:


Love is a verb

Grandmother’s love lasts forever!

I used a grandmother’s tablecloth for my panel background, remembering Granny trusting my sister Anne and I to set the dining parlor table with “the Good dishes” for a large family- gathering dinner. 
The buttons are symbolic of her button box that I loved as a child.  Her treadle sewing machine was my first sewing experience at age ten.
On the back panel, I used crocheted pieces and silk fabric from my second grandmother’s wedding dress.  This grandmother crocheted rugs from nylon hosiery scraps and today I still crochet rugs, but not from nylons.
My grandmothers loved us with their actions of comforting, hugging, giving, listening, teaching and praising.  They taught Anne & I , plus all the cousins, the meaning of service to others.
How blessed I was to have grandmothers who acted out their love for me.  I am responsible to pass on that love, so Grandmother’s love lasts Forever!

No comments:

Post a Comment