Thursday, June 30, 2011

Corky LeTellier, Walking In Love Artist

Corky LeTellier

Statement:    I have been working in fabric since taking a Parks and Recreation beginning
quilting class in San Francisco in order to learn how to make a baby quilt for my firstborn.
After many years of being a traditional quilter, I have started branching out into embellishment
and original design and it has taken hold of me.  This was an opportunity to celebrate the vast
wonderment of Trinity County in a new way and I chose to portray the nature all around us.
We live in a beautiful place and need to be grateful each and every day for the mountains,
the lakes, the trees.   I feel so very blessed - walking in love to me is being outside.

Corky was one of the first people to give me an enthusiastic "yes!" when I asked her to make a panel for the installation. I saw her in Weaverville at a community concert given mid december 2010. Truthfully, her yes was the encouragement I needed to know this project would actually turn from a dream to reality. Thank you Corky! I have seen her quilting work every year at the Trinity County Fair. Last year she entered a marvelous and large dragon of her own design. I have felt Corky to be a kindred spirit in the realm of art quilting. It is a great pleasure to have her panel hang in the Walking in Love installation.

No comments:

Post a Comment